Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Four Ingredient "Fix"




What you will need: Apple (this is pink lady), celery, raisins, and carrots. I use baby carrots, however, I have just read on the internet that "baby carrots are the devil" because they are manufactured. I choose them at the grocery store, and I live with my choices. The little guys are fine by me. If you feel like buying large carrots and taking the skin off, then go for it. What you will need to do: Wash all ingredients. Chop one apple into cubes, place in a small bowl and lightly toss in lemon juice. Chop two stalks of celery. Chop 6 baby carrots cross wise. Throw ingredients, as well as raisins (1/4 cup works well)  into a mason jar or plastic container or whatever it be. Toss well. This salad is not bad. It is low-ISH on the glycemic index. Packs a good crunch. A good opportunity to eat fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment